- 1½ Cups butter (3 sticks), softened
- 1 Cup unsweetened cocoa
- 5 Cups confectioner’s sugar
- ½ Cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp Peppermint Jim’s Peppermint Essential Oil
- ½ tsp espresso powder
- Add cocoa to a large bowl or bowl. Whisk through to remove any lumps.
- Cream together butter and cocoa powder until well-combined.
- Add sugar and milk to cocoa mixture by adding 1 cup of sugar followed by about a tablespoon of milk. After each addition has been combined, turn mixer onto a high speed for about a minute. Repeat until all sugar and milk have been added.
- Add vanilla extract, peppermint essential oil and espresso powder and combine well.
- If frosting appears too dry, you can add more milk, a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the right consistency. If it appears to wet and does not hold its form, add more confectioner’s sugar, a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the right consistency.
- Frost cake, garnish with fresh mint and enjoy!